Music Banter - View Single Post - The #metoo thread (sexual assault and/or misconduct discussion)
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't get how consensual sexual relations is now being considered sexual assault.

What would only be considered sexual harassment or misconduct if there was no consent.

Thoughtless on his part for not realizing that they might say yes because of how notorious the industry is for having people of authority force this on others as a means to determine their career, it's still something they consented to. Their assumptions of what he may do if they said no doesn't justify calling it sexual assault if they consented.

People grow, people learn, people change. I'm sure he has. You can't truly be self righteous enough to think he is unforgivable. Putting him on par with Kevin Spacey or Bill Cosby is unfair.
I mean it's all conjecture but I wouldn't be surprised if he knew full well they'd consent just because of who he was.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote