Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #3787 (permalink)
timihaze
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'm not sure in what sense it's off time? I didn't write it to fit 4/4 necessarily.
There's some uneven breaks and the piano notes are placed more by ear than by the grid.

Not saying I'm not going to change anything, but it was deliberately written in a way where I don't worry about locking everything down the way I usually do, which is also why there's no percussion.
So you're saying you want it to have a more fluctuating rhythmic feel? As in you want the tempo to modulate as you're playing? The tempo seemed to change at various points through the piece. I didn't measure it with a metronome however so I'm not 100% certain. Modulating tempo and rhythm can be interesting. It sounds like you're saying you want to play what you feel first and then organize it later. If that's what you mean I think that's a great idea for bringing out emotional themes as your piece will be governed more by your instincts while creating. Of course, editing can be used later for distributing emphasis within the piece.

Last edited by timihaze; 08-29-2018 at 12:20 PM.
timihaze is offline   Reply With Quote