Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #14239 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
it's actually completely irrelevant what crimes have or have not been committed by Hillary Clinton
They ran for the same office and have both been accused of collusion (Trump directly with Russia, Clinton and the DNC with Ukraine and firms like Fusion GPS who used Russian sources). They are also both accused of money laundering. The public doesn't want a consistent standard that applies to everyone: they just want their side to win because its entertaining. Jonathan Haidt's observations on tribalism are my biggest reference point for how things are today, but what Clinton does isn't irrelevant. Just as Trump could set a precedent for allowable behavior, she is responsible for lowering the bar for a whole separate demographic.

The bigger problem, however, is that at the end of the day it doesn't really seem like these proceedings matter because nobody of real prominence go to jail for their wrongdoings. Pence will come out on top even if the Democrats get their way on everything else. Nixon and Clinton both got their fair share of the spotlight for their respective ****ups but still basically walked away with zero consequences.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 08-31-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote