Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Video Game Classics: Batman Arkham City
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
From it's Wikipedia:

"The game received critical acclaim, particularly for its narrative, character and world designs, soundtrack, and Batman's combat and navigation abilities. It was tied for the highest-rated video game of 2011 according to review aggregator Metacritic, and was the recipient of several awards including: Game of the Year, Best Action Game, Best Action Adventure Game, Best Adventure Game, and Best Original Score from various media outlets, and it is considered one of the greatest video games of all time."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_City
All this means to me is that a lot of people certainly seem to like it. That doesn't make me like it any more. Plus the critical consensus matters very little to me when it comes to games, since most "professional" video game reviewers are terrible and don't take their jobs seriously at all.

Does every big tentpole movie that comes out receive a round of butt kissing from film critics? No, because they have standards. In the world of video game criticism, a big budget means almost guaranteed rave reviews. Of course not entirely, but there are very few video game critics whose opinion carries any weight to me at all. They might as well be a herd of chimps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
1/5
Harsh. I gave it a 2.

Last edited by MicShazam; 09-02-2018 at 12:16 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote