Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #187 (permalink)
Crowquill
blasphemous krucifixion

I still love Blood on the Tracks/Desire era Dylan best though obviously there's something clearly special and new happening in the sixties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Surely this is a typo and you meant to write, "Ring Them Bells is one of the most profound and moving songs of his later career." Perhaps you should back and correct that post.

Anyway, Crowquill, keep up the good work. I'll look forward to your take on "Love and Theft," which is prob the next album to be reviewed, right?
Yeah Love and Theft is up next. I might try and do it before the weekend. On the subject of going back and correcting things: given the years its taken to do this, when I was first re-reading through to jump back into it I kept wondering how much my opinions on all this has shifted. I use to enjoy folk and singer/songwriter stuff way more in high school so in some ways I think I was more critical of it back then but I've also lost a lot of pretensions I used to have so who knows.
Yes. I believe that the older acts should be given a slot at the Superbowl Halftime show. It is blasphemy..where is the love for the reunion of Creed, and Nickelback is about to have their 12th anniversary of 'Silver Side Up'

#veteransdeserverespect
Crowquill is offline   Reply With Quote