Music Banter - View Single Post - The weather
Thread: The weather
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #484 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Thanks to Florence pushing westward, we've had and will continue to have absolutely gorgeous weather, since it's keeping the high pressure zone from moving east and basically stalling it out. Total sunshine and low 80's all week/weekend. Lets golf.
^ Trump has a similar plan, I suspect. He's prob expecting another "incredible unsung success," which is the phrase he knowingly used about a humanitarian disaster with 3 000 American dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
We'll be alright. We don't live in a particularly at risk area and won't see any storm surges. We've never evacuated for a hurricane and we've always been perfectly fine. I actually like sitting on the porch with a book during a good hurricane.
^ Well, if you're guaranteed safe, a hurricane can be quite exciting, though the power-out, as you mentioned, is pretty tedious. Good luck!

My impression is that worst-case predictions for the Wilmington area include 20-foot waves/storm surge followed by one foot of rain with subsequent river flooding, which will prob be a lot higher than one foot. I would advise against hanging around for that, Tristan. Also, the mayor of Somewhere-Along-The-Coast said that emergency services will be suspended when winds reach 50 m.p.h., which is like a full day before the storm really hits.