Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Tiny Desk Concert ?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Thanks! I had a suspicion that it wasn't quite a zither, but I was too lazy to check I'm afraid. I know the Steeleye and Spoonful songs you mention, but I'm very impressed that you can talk about the instruments played, just like that, as if the info is right there in your head already.
Well, it hasn't always been there in me brains. I heard "Do You Believe in Magic" somewhere around ten thousand times before I found out John Sebastian played an autoharp for the song. Actually I found out during a infomercial for a 60s greatest hits box set. I might have been told prior to that but forgot, and it didn't really sink in till I saw the video.

I knew about Gay Woods through The Woods Band before I knew she also sang for Steeleye Span. I knew she played autoharp from the liner notes.

You might get a kick out of Courtney's lyrics. I find them humorous. I really like her lyrical style and delivery - it reminds me of someone, but I can't place who. I like her choice in guitars, she is playing a Harmony "Rocket."

Not in the indie crowd, but I'll share it anyway cause Booker T. is one of my all time favorites. He is known for playing a Hammond B3 and I think NPR did a really good job sound-wise. I think it sounds amazing.

Courtney Barnett: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert

Booker T. Jones: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 09-17-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote