Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Video Game Classics: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #53 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
PoE is evidently built for competitive so D3 naturally does casual better. That's like comparing apples to oranges in this case. Same framework, completely different outcomes. Fault of devs sure but D3 was only competitive for a bit until people got tired of it. POE does the job better for that reason. That's my answer. Both are good. D3 is simply more fun. I didn't answer your question but whatever.

If you go into D3 expecting competitive, you'll be disappointed. It's just not that game. POE is.
I wouldnt say POE is built for competitive, it has a huge casual fanbase (just look at the reddit) and nothing about the game forces you to be competitive to have fun. I also wouldnt say D3 doesnt have any competitive elements, it still has a dedicated hardcore population pushing Greater Rifts to the max every season. I think you speak with a very naive understanding of both games. Complexity is not the end all be all of determining if a game is appropriate for a casual audience.

Also, what a lame ass assertion that because D3 is catered to a casual audience that it automatically wins the award for providing a better casual gaming experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 09-18-2018 at 10:31 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote