Music Banter - View Single Post - The Random Album Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #88 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Fukpig - The World Is Weakening

Genre: Grindcore
Year: 2014
Place of Origin: Birmingham, England
General Pace: Grindcorey

To my knowledge, this is the first official grindcore band that I have ever listened to. The closest comparison I can make to how these guys sound is Slipknot. The music is heavy as you would guess, given the genre. There is an interesting contrast between the main lead and the backing singer, which I think works fine for these guys (distinct difference in vocal styles). While it's all howling and screaming, here, you can make out some of the lyrics on occasion.

Getting down to brass tacks, these guys are anti-consumerism, anti-corporatism, and anti-media, too. "Hack" is a shot at the paparazzi pushing celebrity culture in the face of the unsuspecting. Not only that, they're both against the New World Order and are fairly anti old ideas, too. They'll gladly call you a sheep while hating on your violence at the same time.

Lyric stanza to "Fascist Moron":

Quote:
Jackboots stomping to an imaginary beat
Look at the steps that you're following!
Fascist moron!
No one's impressed by your out-of-date beliefs
The hate you've been gladly swallowing
Fascist moron!
Fukpig aren't out to cause a scene. They're just a bunch of hands-off fatalists who want some no harm, no foul, otherworldly Armageddon to rain down on the planet, all the liars, and themselves.

Best Song: "The Prisoner."

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote