Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #56731 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Oh and I knew a guy years ago who was mugged for his laptop and beaten so severely that he was left in a wheelchair. Some kind of hopefully temporary brain damage. He had trouble talking and his mother had to "help" him use the bathroom. He was the brother of someone my mother worked with at her old medical school job and I was out of work so I went to help out with him for a couple weeks until their insurance kicked in and they could get a nurse to do what other people including me were doing at the time.

He had trouble talking so it was hard to get to know the guy and I'm not exactly a social butterfly so I can't say we really bonded but I get the feeling he was an interesting guy. His sister who he was living with was really cool, his mother did her utmost to adopt me even though she mostly spoke Russian, I read my first Kurt Vonnegut book from off his shelf, and with lack of anything particularly to do or talk about we watched Princess Mononoke on his suggestion. Must have been cool. And he was from Uzbekistan and was a professor of that country's history and I kinda wish I'd taken the opportunity to learn more about Uzbekistan at the time but like I said he had speech problems.

Just trying to say that "brutal muggings" aren't just a particularly bad schoolyard scuffle and I relate.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 09-23-2018 at 11:58 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote