Music Banter - View Single Post - Thrash Metal Album Club
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #49 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Have now listened to Jurassic Jade's Gore a few times. I've seen the sentiment echoed here, but I had to verify for myself that the singer was indeed a woman - my ears just could not believe that a woman could make the sounds I heard here.

I think this was a stellar album - has a breakneck pace only interrupted by a couple of odd samples from what sound like movies or something and the Yoru No Omoi song (which segues slowly and smoothly into Far East of Hades). Honestly, I think the singing and delivery are the most unique parts of this album to me. Much of the music doesn't sound distinctive from other thrash I've listened to, but it's excellent nonetheless - definitely something I'll return to again and I'll likely check out more from Jurassic Jade in the future. This was my first dip into Japanese thrash - won't be my last.

I believe I'm next, so here's my suggestion - we've listened to some Danish thrash, some Japanese thrash, now for some German thrash:

Liar - Liar's Hell (2002)

Fair warning, not sure if our suggestions need to be pure thrash metal - this particular album has many elements of thrash but has elements of other metal genres as well. If Batty wants me to suggest a different album that more successfully passes a 'thrash purity test', I'd be glad to - 'Thrash' is the first genre listed on the album's discogs page, so I figure it's good enough.

Last edited by SGR; 09-27-2018 at 05:54 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote