Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #14972 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Instead of all the passionate conjecture about FBI investigations, why don't we just wait and see how it advances? Rostasi is the only poster who has contributed some detail that has the ring of first-hand truth to it. He is understandably coy about saying how he knows this. My guess: the FBI checked him out before he was seconded to work for MI5 alongside James Bond.

Those Thursday hearings:-

They're not a trial, many people have said, they are Kavanaugh's job interview. If that's the case, Kavanaugh failed spectacularly by:-

i) raising the irrelevant topic of his daughter's prayers and then weeping about them
ii) claiming to be exhonorated by witnesses who don't remember. It's a glaring failure in a judge if he can't grasp that there is a distinction between "That person doesn't remember" and "That event didn't happen."
iii) evading and ultimately declining to answer certain questions.
iv) ranting about a partisan conspiracy dating back to the Clinton era
v) calling the commitee process "a circus"

In trying to defend his suitability for the Supreme Court he actually exposed just how unsuitable he is. If this was indeed a job interview I wouldn't give the job to someone who was by turns maudline, self-pitying, partisan and belligerent , I'd give the job to a candidate who was polite, cooperative and respectful throughout: Dr. Ford.