Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #14999 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I don't think Chula grasps the concept of fascism. Fascism doesn't care about facts. It's not a concept unique to 30s/40s Germany or Italy. It's a concept that came to its logical extreme in those countries at those times, but it's an irrational "feeling" cult that is only nominally a political movement and is currently in full swing and is not going to go away simply because the right suffer a few setbacks. Fascism is the fear of the destruction of the status quo to the majority when it feels that it is under an existential threat and the right absolutely feels that atm. The right are not staying home.

TBH I think "fascism" is a term that needs to be re-evaluated and given a proper term to apply to the world at large and not simply Nazi Germany and fascist Italy and how it applies to political and social movements that show signs of "fascism" but that's what it currently means and is referencing so we're left with it.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote