Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #236 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Yes, I also doubt that that alone will be enough: to me it's pretty clear that the present exponential population growth has to be reduced, and ditto habits and industries that add to global warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
So you're coming around to my POV?
^ TBH, there's been no real shift in my pov since I started this thread. Even if the end result is in doubt, you should try to make some personal efforts to reduce your carbon footprint, and you should vote for politicians who promise to protect the environment and turn away, for example, from fossil fuels.
Perhaps these days it sounds like a piece of hippie-dippie nonsense, but I like this Native American saying that I came across recently:

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors - we have it on loan from our children."

Quote:
The only bright spot is that in the future I might be sitting on the beach front property I always wanted.

^ HaHa! A joke of course, but even as a joke it has a fallacy: you might instead find yourself sharing your beach-front real-estate with a refugee family from Florida. This would be the benign version, with a system of government-controlled billeting in place. The other version is more apocalyptic, and involves you losing possession of your porch to the millions of refugees moving like a Biblical scourge across the land in advance of the rising sea-levels.