Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #923 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Man, I think I'm gonna have to be a dudebro and become a straightup Punisher fan. Been reading Greg Rucka's 2011 run on Punisher: War Journal and it's great. The Punisher doesn't say a single word in the first two issues and only three in the last two panels of issue three. He's racked up a paragraph since but its the cast of characters who come into contact with him who illustrate what kind of a terrifying presence is Frank Castle. He's often treated as more myth than man, and just look at how terrifying he is in the first issue.

Spoiler for big ass pics:

Honestly though as much fun as he is on a pure cool level I can actually find something to relate to on a personal level. I'm sure anyone who becomes the Punisher couldn't have been normal before no matter how much they loved their family. Sometimes I wonder what I might become if I found that mythical "The One" who made me want to be better than what I am. Or even just another good friend. Then I look at the Punisher and see how the aftermath of losing that person doesn't necessarily leave the maladjusted "better to have loved and lost". Sometimes the fallout from no longer having someone you cared about in your life can sink you deeper than you thought was possible into the pit you were already in. **** makes you want to hide in that putrid pit.

I swear to god I'm not stockpiling weapons.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 10-28-2018 at 12:03 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote