Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Own November Midterm Election
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 04:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Hi, windsock! As it's becoming a contentious issue, figures that people quote on voter fraud may vary, but Wikipedia is pretty trustable isn't it? I've just found their article on Voter Impersonation, which includes this summary:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_...(United_States)

Also, early on in his presidency Trump called for an investigation into voter fraud because that was his excuse for losing the popular vote. That investigation concluded that there was no evidence of fraud if I remember correctly. Do you have any differing info about non-citizens registering to vote, windsock? I'd be interested to hear it (= not being sarcastic )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Apparently it's normal on a reservation for people to hold a P.O.Box number at the local post office because the houses/roads aren't clearly labelled. The requirement that every voter must have a street address was brought in recently by a Republican governor: quite feasibly it was done deliberately to disenfranchise Native American voters, so your innocent hope that a concession will be made may not be realized. After all, early voting has already started, the election closes in a week and no move has yet been made to lift the street-address requirement afaik.

The questionable conduct of the bureaucrats above is voter supression, North Dakota style. Other scams are underway in Georgia and Texas. Meanwhile, the situation in Dodge City Kansas is a little more nuanced: Is it due to suppresion or official bumbling that Dodge City has just one principle Polling Station to serve 13,000 voters? Or that the Polling Station is in a difficult-to-reach civic center out of town? " The civic center just happens to be in the heart of the white part of Dodge City and next to the country club and its golf course," according to the article below. Handy for some, I suppose, but probably not for Latino voters living the wrong side of the tracks.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-voting-rights
It seems to me that some people on the right exaggerate and hype up "voter fraud" for their own benefit as much as some people on the left exaggerate and hype up "voter suppression" for their own benefit.

I don't trust either side of the political coin on either issue.

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote