Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 04:34 PM   #399 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I never said US didnt have some standout artists, because everybody already knows that isnt true dammit, you keep taking what i say out of context, Bruce Springsteen and Al Green dosent make US better than a country that has had The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, The Clash, etc.
This statement appears hypocritical to me. Am I alone?

Are you kidding me? James Brown had more influence on the stones than the stones had on other people. And wtf man, lay off the GD beatles, we know their influential, no ones arguing that point.

Prince is less influential than Bowie? I don't know where "influential" ended up in this argument, but frankly, Prince has been more prolific, experimental and successful in a short time than bowie and he can blow him out of the water concerning musicianship...I don't even like Prince.

You don't need some British mashup, and im well aware The Boss doesn't give the US a clear victory, just as I've never said The Beatles give you a clear victory.

Why are The Smiths clearly greater? on what grounds? I personally think the smiths are trash, and I didn't say Talking Heads because I already mentioned them, you must have been hiding from me back when I posted that.

Mos Def is probably the greatest rapper in the states right now on the grand scale. What do you mean "thats all you have?"

Everything else is negligible, and quit thinking this is a point for point game, just because there are better bands than Soundgarden doesn't mean their not good.