Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #94 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Some of you know the story about my brother. To sum it up, he's a recovering heroin addict who is also manic bi-polar. In 2014 he was arrested trying to rob a gas station and would have gotten six years in prison but was accepted in our states drug court program. Suspended sentence but he had to stay sober for the length of his sentence. He graduated last month. We were and are very proud of him.

Before he graduated he expressed fear that being off the leash, as in not drug tested weekly, would tempt him into doing drugs again. Well, he admitted to us that he's been getting drunk and smoking weed. That's not the end of the world but he told us he stopped taking his medication, lithium for his bi-polar disorder, so it wouldn't interfere with the booze and weed.

Well, he stopped taking it for too long and now he's found himself in a manic episode. He's a completely different person. He lost his job. He's dressing like goddamn Johnny Depp. He's seeing his ex girlfriend. He's constantly agitated and his decision making is minute by minute.

It's stressing me the f*ck out. Luckily his doctors are on it and are trying to regulate him but I might have like two weeks of crazy to deal with until then. Luckily we don't live together but sh*t is upsetting. He was doing so well.
Sorry to hear all of this. You definitely need someone to watch him 24/7 while he's manic. My ex-wife stayed up 10 days straight in one manic episode. Drew all over herself with pens and markers. Had crazy delusions and hallucinations. Wanted to drive around in her car while acting crazy. Eventually had to have her committed against her will to the psychiatric hospital [again].

Keep a good eye on your brother, especially with his past drug use. He could relapse and accidentally overdose.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote