Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Own November Midterm Election
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #204 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Well, I'd say that the voter only has limited responsibility for what his candidate does when in office. As we all know, campaign promises are made and broken, secret agendas come to light. The voters responsibility is to make the best decision he can, according to his ideology, at the moment of voting.

If your preferred candidate has some good, some bad policies, I think you should make a value judgement as best you can; vote for him if his good outweighs his bad, or not if it's the other way round.
Let's say Trump puts that caravan of immigrants in a camp, keeps reporters out, and the next information we get about it is from escapees telling horror stories about a lack of clean water, sub-standard food with insects, people crammed in three to a bed in "housing", and large, suspicious mounds of earth that seem to grow as people are "released".

Is someone who found Trump's anti-immigrant rhetoric distasteful but still voted for him because they don't like NAFTA ultimately responsible for a crime against humanity?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote