Music Banter - View Single Post - Daughters - You Won't Get What You Want
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #110 (permalink)
windsock
Softest Bullet Ever Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'm definitely not there yet, in terms of being more fair to all music.

But despite all of my ranting, my dirty secret is that I actually find most of the stuff I say I don't like to be listenable. I just find it difficult to find music that I can outright actively care a lot about.
I've also found that problem as well where my sense of "liking something" is more ingrained with whether I really like it or not. I want more albums that blow my socks off, not make me say "yeah this is pretty good" and never think about them again. Maybe my tastes are too specific or I'm still too narrow to appreciate the finer things.

Quote:
I'd say "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" is a very well written song and an alright listen if I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground. But mostly I'll just have my arms crossed, a frown on my face and say that it's really boring because it doesn't set my pants on fire.
Unfortunately I'd have to agree with the Batlord and Exo on the fact that Shine On is a waste of time, and Pink Floyd are my childhood sweethearts. It's such a detriment to WYWH with how meandering and boring it is (especially compared to far better PF epics on previous and later albums). It's just the one song by the band that I've found myself unable to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote