Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #16062 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
He does have a bit of a thing about multculturalism, but I don't know how hardcore it is or if it's really moderate which will always come off as problematic regardless. I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea that multiculturalism has pitfalls. I mean will races ever truly be able to integrate or is there a point at which it becomes an uneasy integration that will never become truly color blind? I'm dubious that people with different skin colors or severe culture differences will ever be able to really set aside their differences to marry without issues. It's just so set in our instincts to maintain delineations.
I much prefer the melting pot approach to multiculturalism.
The latter is naive and leads to a multitude of problems.
I'm very much for immigration, but I think it should be controlled.
I don't give a **** about skin colour and think the so-called races should mix like crazy but I am very sceptical about a strong influx from people from conservative patriarchal cultures (who also embrace those cultural values) into more liberal countries. My experiences as an immigrant from the former to the latter might be playing a role.