Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #115 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Some of you know the story about my brother. To sum it up, he's a recovering heroin addict who is also manic bi-polar. In 2014 he was arrested trying to rob a gas station and would have gotten six years in prison but was accepted in our states drug court program. Suspended sentence but he had to stay sober for the length of his sentence. He graduated last month. We were and are very proud of him.

Before he graduated he expressed fear that being off the leash, as in not drug tested weekly, would tempt him into doing drugs again. Well, he admitted to us that he's been getting drunk and smoking weed. That's not the end of the world but he told us he stopped taking his medication, lithium for his bi-polar disorder, so it wouldn't interfere with the booze and weed.

Well, he stopped taking it for too long and now he's found himself in a manic episode. He's a completely different person. He lost his job. He's dressing like goddamn Johnny Depp. He's seeing his ex girlfriend. He's constantly agitated and his decision making is minute by minute.

It's stressing me the f*ck out. Luckily his doctors are on it and are trying to regulate him but I might have like two weeks of crazy to deal with until then. Luckily we don't live together but sh*t is upsetting. He was doing so well.
I have honestly wondered how your brother has been getting on, I’m sorry that he’s stopped taking his meds in what seems like a bit of a step backwards for him. I’ll have my fingers crossed that his doctors manage to get him back on them.

In the past year or two I’ve really been struggling with anxiety to the point I constantly think I’m about to have a stroke or something as serious will happen to me. I quite often have panic attacks about it. Especially after I’ve been drinking etc so I’ve cut right down on that for my own sanity. I can’t handle the horrible thoughts constantly. It’s not just my own health I worry about, it’s my boyfriend, my family and any pets I have too. Docs prescribed me Propanolol? Which stops the physical symptoms of anxiety but it doesn’t help stop the worrying or panicking so I just stopped taking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote