Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #4711 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Well, at least you have it down to 4 essentials.
It’s a (good?) problem tho every year and it gets more and more difficult to see
even half of the stuff I want to see. Last year, for instance, after busting 4 days
of concerts at about 10/12/12/10 hours/day, I think we saw about 60% of what
we wanted to see. Don’t forget there’s the 12 hour drone fest that you walk into
occasionally ... and the galleries and special events. I never went to any of the
film events. Oh! and you have talks that’ll be given too. Caffeinated buzzing!!!
Definitely a good problem. I'm a huge fan of live scores during screenings, but I might skip the ones that they're having at the festival for fear of falling asleep after marathoning concerts. Not sure if I'll see any speakers, it'd have to be pretty interesting for me to skip a show for it.

Quote:
Also, if it helps with your decisions: Nief-Norf seems to play every year.
We'll see but I'm pretty interested in seeing an ensemble that large. I'm sure that someone's gonna get cut too. Oh and the Lucier performance of I Am Sitting in a Room is going to be a must as well. And KTL. And Tim Berne's Snakeoil. And Thumbscrew. And Yves Tumor. And Fire!. And Jlin...****.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote