Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2018 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #274 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Best Signature: Goofle’s one, catching Chula out in a mistake is the only one that springs to mind
Sexiest Member (female):afaik WWWP is about the only active female member to post photos. So congratulations WWWP: you win by virtue of being a girl.
Nicest member: Plankton. Well, he’s always nice to me and is liked by everybody, afaik. Also Lilja is very polite and friendly
Smartest poster: Frownland has an exceptional ability to analyse a position then jump to some meta-level, which makes him formidable in a debate. Also elphenor and Oriphiel sound very smart in the political threads.
Funniest member: Dharma & Greg is almost as funny as Batlord and 66Sexy used to be.
Angriest Member: Has to be Chula really, but he is also Most Missed Poster: imo his ban was a little unnecessary.
Best Mediator: WWWP is both a cool and a cooling influence when tempers get a little short. Janszoon is also good at calming us down when it's necessary.
Best Site Contributor: Frownland posts a lot and is also active behind the scenes deleting bots for us afaik.
Biggest Music Contributor: Most of the recs I notice seem to come from the big three: Psy-Fi, Frownland and rostasi
Best Taste in Music: If “Best Taste” means my taste, then Neapolitan, grindy and Psy-Fi overlap more than most with what I like.
Most Improved Member: I think OH has stayed angry, which is no bad thing, but has added more humour to the mix. adidass and FETCHER both started posting again after a long absence, so that’s a big improvement too
Most Underrated Poster: Fluff’s posts are usually short but he is good at raising new topics for people to discuss. Lucem Ferre has an off-beat approach that frequently takes me by surprise. DwnWthVwls is in danger of becoming underrated because he hasn’t been posting much lately.
Most Missed Poster: Trollheart, of course, Chula, and my Rubber Soulmate.
Most Diverse Music Taste: rostasi has an obscure rec for every genre that’s been invented. Also Janszoon's tastes seem to be so scattered that I've never really worked out where his big enthusiasms lie.
Most Mainstream Music Taste: MicShazam – wear this badge with pride my friend!
Moderator of the Year: Exo without a doubt. He has the authority to quell our occasional flare-ups, took the initiative in an attempt to improve MB conduct, and thinned out all those old, sleeping mods.
Best New Member 2018: windsock and unitron have fit right in really quickly
Member of the Year 2018: not everyone agreed with him, but I like the way adidass came back fighting, with a real concern for the state of MB.
Best Rivalry: Frownland vs Chula always made for interesting reading.
Biggest Lounge Lizard: Joint winners: Dharma & Greg. Also [MERIT] is a stimulating regular in the Current Affairs section. In terms of his pesonal posting percentage, Anteater hangs out in the current affairs threads a lot too.
Lifetime Achievement Award: after a while it becomes clear that rostasi has been deeply immersed in music his whole life, so he deserves recognition for that imo.