Music Banter - View Single Post - Nerdiest Metal Album
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

You definitely don't have to focus on the lyrics. They're just throwaway power metal fodder. I think by that point Blind Guardian weren't so about the silly but charming lyrics of yore (past albums were absolutely about corny lyrics) and were more about the music. And do you mean proggy as in the long song at the end? "And Then There Was Silence" is fire, but I guess they can be proggy kinda throughout. The album has incredible pop sensibilities though so if you didn't appreciate that then I say you missed out and need to give it another listen. I'd take this over any Maiden album these days. It's legit one of the few power metal albums I'll still rep unreservedly after becoming bored with the genre as a whole.

I mean I don't know if you thought this was proggy or Maiden but it's one of the catchiest and prettiest metal songs every written so if you weren't about it then you need to hear it again.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote