Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #711 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^

Unbelievable to me that there is so little support for May's compromise. I can't work out any longer what people want: the options are crash-out Brexit, hard-Brexit, soft-Brexit or (not actually on the table right now) new referendum in hopes of Remaining. Are people really going for crash-out?

Nigel Farage has quit UKIP?! Hasn't he done that already? He's quit so many things that I've lost track: he even quit when he won the original Brexit referendum
Saw a bit on the news earlier that some top guy, can't remember who but he's in the EU legal something or other said that if we decided we wanted to call Brexit off, we could do so and rejoin the EU without the backing of all the current member states but there would be conditions attached, like it would have to be in good faith and not just a tactic to buy more time, and would need parliamentary backing.

This is what I have thought would happen in the back of my mind. May will be forced out, the government will be in chaos and we'll have a general election followed by either a vote on the deal or a second referendum (in which we would vote to remain). The whole thing is a mess and an embarrassment. Still don't know why we're doing it tbh.

Looking forward to seeing what happens on the 11th
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote