Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 04:47 AM   #304 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Of all the depressing links that have been posted in this thread, this one is perhaps the worst so far. It calmly states what scientists are observing in Greenland: that every month vast quantities of ice are calving off glaciers of just melting away. It's a process which is out of control and quite possibly unstoppable already:- https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/06/w...wxc/index.html

At least the dinosaurs, as they looked up at the darkening sky that followed on from the Chicxulub meteor strike - at least they could say to themselves, "Well, there's no way we could have prevented this." As humans, we won't have that grim consolation. We have either caused or made worse the planetary disaster that is global warming and our politicians are letting us down. They are not courageous enough to confront the true implications of the problem or make the unpopular decisions that could protect our futures.

At best, some struggle to implement the Paris Agreement, at worst, they are actively promoting policies that are accelerating the problem. Chief among the villains are the Chinese, with massive, unregulated industrial pollution, and America under the Republicans, who are determined to take retrograde steps for quick profit and don't care if their (or our) grandchildren pick up the tab.

This present dire situation has made me return to a clip I posted a while back:-