Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #22483 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
can I watch The End of Evangelion as a standalone film cuz just looking at it it's somehow the greatest movie ever and I haven't even seen it or hardly know anything about it

someone also recommended it as a possible tearjerker with traumatic parental themes that I was unaware of so I feel like every second not spent watching it is just a waste of existence
Absolutely not. Evangelion is as dense of a show with plot, characterization, and themes as has ever existed so if you want to watch End of Evangelion then you absolutely have to watch the series. Much of the plot of the movie is 90% dependent not just on the plot of the show but on the journeys of the people involved. The movie is actually called episodes 25 & 26 because it is a replacement for the official ending of the show (don't ask long story).

Long story short watch the ****ing show. Luckily for you Neon Genesis Evangelion is a masterpiece so watching the whole series is a pretty good thing to do.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote