Music Banter - View Single Post - 2018 Album Favorites: Anteater Reviews 'Em
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 08:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

^ What's wrong with some corndogs?

16. Mitch Murder - Selection 5

Genre(s): Synthwave, J-Pop, Chiptune

Sounds Like: Sega Genesis game soundtracks, she, Tangerine Dream, 80's soundtracks

More than one synthwave album made my top 30 this year, but this one has the most "retro" charm of the bunch, especially in regards to classic video game soundtracks. More cohensive and fun to listen to than a lot of his actual albums, Mitch Murder has synthesized the perfect crossover experience for this particular style: a lineup with variety with a mix of vocal and instrumental stuff, and some absolutely inspired melodies to boot. He has an obvious love for Japan's City Pop era as well, seeing as Satellite Young guests on 'Time Paradox'. 'The Line' has a juicy AOR bounce to it whilst 'Refresh' and 'Rad Flute' take me back to the mid 80's vaguely tropical sounding electronica era where Paul Hardcastle ruled the dancefloor.

Not a game changer by any stretch of the imagination, but easily the best BGM I've pocketed this year by a country mile. Nostalgia doesn't solve all the world's woes, but it'll definitely get you on my good side!

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote