Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #16909 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
So true. I work a job that you'd think would pay me a living wage when I could hardly afford to get by.

That's been the case for majority of my jobs. Especially when working for Sodexo where my boss could hardly even afford an apartment.

The ****tiest revelation is when you find out you work twice as hard as people that get paid much much more than you.

You know the stupid stereotypical stories you get from delusional parents that tell you they used to walk 3 miles home from a job or some **** to afford their house or their new car? That's me except I still can't afford a car or even an apartment. And my insurance is trash. Most people with my conditions could hardly even hold a job and I've had to with no treatment or care for it just to struggle to get by.

I don't understand why the same people that shove the "life isn't fair" **** down your throat are the same ones that believe you get what you earn. You don't. You get taken advantage of because there is nothing you can do about it.
^ I'm sorry to hear that, Lucem; it must be a lousy position to be in. I'm not sure if it would be consoling or depressing to read Nickel and Dimed. Have you heard of it? A journalist tries out some low status jobs, like office cleaner, and also explains the traps that low-wage earners fall into in the US.