Music Banter - View Single Post - 2018 Album Favorites: Anteater Reviews 'Em
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 09:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

15. Miracle - The Strife Of Love In A Dream

Genre(s): Industrial, Synthwave, Darkwave, Ethereal Wave, Avant-garde

Sounds Like: early 90's Swans, Delerium, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Enigma

Gloriously morbid and evil sounding synthpop for the modern era. A duo made out of Steve Moore (Zombi) and Daniel O’Sullivan (Sunn O))), Ulver), Miracle take my favorite things about classic John Carpenter soundtracks and the vast umbrella of 80's/90's dark ambiance and bring it all together into a manifold outing that somehow manages to disturb and move despite the familiarity most likely have of the era it draws from.

The album hits a massive peak about midway through on the medieval-sounding 'The Seventeen Nineties' where every cliche is turned on its head into something amazing that might have ruled the charts as a single on Depeche Mode's Violator LP back in 1990. There's nary a weak moment to be found though, with the militant opening cut 'The Parsifal Gate' being particularly fun and the Orbital-esque closer 'Angelix' serving as a great ambient showcase of Moore's keyboard prowess, like going from the Tower Of London to Ibiza in one fell swoop of the time machine.

There were a number of industrial-tinged albums this year that really caught me for one reason or another, but Miracle's material was especially sumptuous and highly replayable. Grab it if you haven't.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-18-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote