Music Banter - View Single Post - 2018 Album Favorites: Anteater Reviews 'Em
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

^ Let me know what you think when you get around to it. I personally think it's a killer album.

12. Young Gun Silver Fox - AM Waves

Genre(s): Blue Eyed Soul, Funk, Yacht Rock

Sounds Like: Michael McDonald, Ace, Con Funk Shun, Hall & Oates

The two smoothest cats in town, producer and well-travelled instrumentalist Shawn Lee and singer/songwriter Andy Platts, have combined their considerable talents once more to give us a sophomore sailing experience. The overall dynamic is surprisingly versatile, jumping between soulful folk-rock toetapping ('Midnight In Richmond'), some deft horn sections and some Earth Wind & Fire-esque backing choruses ('Love Guarantee', 'Kingston Boogie') and even a weird story where Lenny Kravitz owns a bar ('Lenny').

All that said, the album is immaculate and punchy in all the right ways. These guys probably adore this kind of music even more than I do. While I really enjoyed their debut West End Coast a few years back, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically, with AM Waves. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

So unless you have an axe to grind in your highrise, take a few minutes and catch some waves. It's great stuff.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-20-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote