Music Banter - View Single Post - Reduce Me to a Pathetic, Sobbing Excuse for a Man
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #96 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I do want to watch "En man som heter Ove". I remember seeing the trailer in a movie theater and thinking it looked like a potentially good mix of dark humour and drama. Definitely sticking with the Swedish version. I think American remakes of already good, contemporary European movies are pointless from an artistic point of view (makes good commercial sense, I'm sure).

I've got a good amount of Swedish movies I intend to watch, since I bought a bunch of Ingmar Bergman movies on DVD a while ago.
It's a good film but very sad. I can't see Ove as any other
nationality but Swedish.. The whole movie revolves around his being a Swede... debates with the districts (kommun), Volvo vs. Saab. It will be interesting to see how it is adapted.

It is like "Låt den rätte komma in" transl. Let the Right One in.The book was really disturbing. I saw the Swedish version and was kind of shocked that it got so much praise. It wasnt that good. Alot of the main bits of the book were cut out and ignored. Never saw the American one though I hope it wasnt true to the book as well. Although maybe they changed the translation because that story was really messed up. One of the few books that haunt me.

Last edited by Lilja; 12-28-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote