Music Banter - View Single Post - OccultHawk Reviews The Southern States
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 08:01 PM   #462 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Probs. I need to know way more about NOLA sludge so feel free to get into the nitty gritty. It's kind of hard to get into tbh since I use RYM to check out genres and when you look at sludge in RYM it gives you a ****load of post metal (post-sludge) as if that's at all what you're looking for when you want a band that sounds like Eyehategod.
Check out Thou if you haven't heard them yet. NOLA's probably my favorite city when I have the luxury to go traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
We’ll both be learning as we go then. That’s what it’s all about.

I knew that Florida had an incredible metal history but I learned a ****load more about it when we went through it.
NOLA's probably my favorite city to hang out and party in when I have the luxury to travel. There's a ****load of culture there and no open container law. Sacred Grinds is a badass little indie coffee shop next to a cemetery (you can literally sit in the back of the shop and look through the cemetery gates) with an absolutely delicious house brew special called a Dirty Zombie.

There's also a bar, I can't remember the name of it, but the place is supposed to be haunted due to a fire that happened there in the 40s or something like that. Due to that, it's mostly a tourist attraction. The people that work there though are really nice and they do (or used to do) some $1 specials on cheap beers if you're running low.

Be sure you have a Hand Grenade somewhere in NOLA, it's the customary "Welcome to NOLA" drink down the strip over by Bourbon Street. Everywhere in the French Quarter is also really beautiful. I honestly would say that it's probably one of the most artistic cities I've seen in the South.