Music Banter - View Single Post - favourite alt-indie songs
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karengirl View Post

What's feelings on The Raconteurs (another Jack White project).

From what I've heard of them I kinda like them, but I much prefer the White Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karengirl View Post

Also, related to bands out of The Netherlands, do you - or anybody - have any additional ones to the 2 below and/or any general neo-garage? - (Besides the big states and British ones from 2000 on):

Black Box Revelation - Belgium
Mando Diao - Switzerland

I try to stay away from Dutch music, because popular Dutch music is some of the worst ****e there is and it scared me away from trying to find the good stuff. Some Dutch bands that I do like:
-Jungle by Night: an afrobeat band from Amsterdam, they're fun
-Pip Blom: has a bit of a Courtney Barnett vibe, but not nearly as good. I like some of her songs

there is one piece of Dutch music that I really love: the songs of the 60's TV musical Ja Zuster Nee Zuster, written by Annie MG Schmidt, who is like the Dutch equivalent of Astrid Lindgren (but not nearly as good. If only Astrid Lidgren had made a musical). The songs are probably not as fun without the understanding of the lyrics and the childhood nostalgia, but whatever, they're amazing to me. They also re-recorded the songs when I was a kid for a film version but the originals are the good ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote