Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica ...and justice for all
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
youdoofus
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'm sure Hetfield and at the very least Ulrich wanted it like that. But I'm curious what you mean by two things:

1) what do you mean they played it that way at woodstock 94? That they played it with Jason turned all the way down? Or did he just sit and eat a pizza while the rest of the band played the show?

2) what do you mean by "Dolby crap"?
1: BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!! NICE!!!

2: dolby is seen by some purists as the devils work. Noise reduction is an algorithm that looks for certain sounds and eliminates them. When i was a kid, i actually preferred the hissing sound of a cassette to a cd. Probably because of what i was used to listening to at the time. I was a weird kid but i also prefer a .wav to a 320kbps mp3 all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I don't know how to actually find those things, much less in good quality. Maybe write a PM to one of the Youtubers that have made a quality remaster?
yeah, i know man. the sad truth is that if the group doesnt want a remaster with Jasons slider on the mixer brought up a bit, we will never get it, and thats a total shame. One would think that after 30 years theyd pull their collective heads out of their butts and appease the old school OG fans who made them as popular as they are

also, this forum should implement a like or thanks button because you guys/gals all rock and i really appreciate every response
youdoofus is offline   Reply With Quote