Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Memories
Thread: MB Memories
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

From the get-go Baggs was a very contentious member here, although he didn't stray far from the Prog sections and didn't last long. His method was to cajole people into posting on his prefered subject just so that he could show himself to be more of an expert. He also hid behind a curious diction, rather in this style: "Lisna think Baggs plenty conflicted."
Here's a typical Baggs thread: https://www.musicbanter.com/thread-g...rog-dolly.html
__________________________________________________ ____________________

But fond memories for me are of when Pedantic Bastard put so much effort into building a sense of community on MB. She pioneered the Christmas hats, an Easter egg hunt, as well as doing the themed weekly threads and an all-genres album club.

I don't know if it was coincidence, but at that time there were many more ladies posting here: I use the old-fashioned word "ladies" because they often posted in a distinctly feminine voice. Petula, VEGANGELICA, ribbons, Burning Down and Pedantic herself used to provide an alternative tone to MB. Frankly, I think that MB is impoverished because they've gone, and without knowing exactly what "salty" means, I suspect that the atmosphere on MB is now so salty that that kind of contributor is unlikely to stay around. I know that boys will be boys, but it's a pity to me that MB is no longer a place where girls are being girls.