Music Banter - View Single Post - Official MMA Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #306 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

================================================== ================================================== ===================================

So, Bellator 214 is coming up in < 48 hours. I don't know much about this J.W. Kiser dude who is fighting Jake
Hager [WWE's "Jack Swagger"] in Hager's MMA debut. Sherdog attributes him a professional record of 0-1,
but MixedMartialArts.com has him listed at 1-1.

MixedMartialArts.com lists his amateur record as 4-5, but Kiser claims to have 52 fights under his belt. That's a HUGE
difference. If Kiser DOES have that many fights under his belt, Hager could be in serious trouble. No matter how much
training you have, it is hard to make up for that much experience. I'm guessing that Kiser is lying about how many
fights he has because he's sore about being such an underdog, so he's trying to talk himself up. If I was him, I'd shut
the fuck up and thank my lucky stars for getting gifted such a marquee fight.

Kiser is listed at 6' 0" [183 cm] and 220 pounds [100 kg]. Hager is 6'4" - 6'5" [193 - 196 cm] and 254 - 265 pounds [115 - 120 kg].

Kiser is something like a 25:1 underdog.

Hager has LEGIT amateur wrestling chops. In high school, he was the 215-pound Oklahoma State Amateur Wrestling
Champion, and ranked #5 in the country in that weight class. Later, at the University of Oklahoma, he was named an All-American
amateur wrestler. In 2005, he made it to the second round of the NCAA Division 1 Amateur Wrestling Championship
tournament. The following year, he placed 7th in the country in that same tournament. He holds the University of Oklahoma's
heavyweight amateur wrestling record for the most pins in a single season.

================================================== ================================================== ===================================

Last edited by [MERIT]; 01-25-2019 at 06:53 PM.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote