Music Banter - View Single Post - Vaccination/Immunization -- Why is there a problem?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 05:16 AM   #524 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
I don't know, I used to like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, and all sorts of nu metal I couldn't give a **** about now. On the metal side the musical language they use simply isn't nuanced enough to evoke anything like what Slayer, Cryptopsy, Death, and yes Metallica, etc can. They're not even able to use their more limited means to meet the aggression of hardcore punk bands who use a more basic musical language to still devastating effect.

On a pop music level they fail in much the same way to meet the standards of countless artists from Madonna to the Beatles to the Replacements to Flaming Lips to muffukkin Ke$ha. Like nu metal bands were sacrificing both intensity and accessibility to meet somewhere in the middle and did so with incompetence so that you can't really appreciate either aspect.

And yet I used to like those bands. Now I just don't see how I ever cared and it really didn't take long after discovering older metal to feel that way. Something happened that wasn't simply losing something or elitism and it happened because I expanded my ear.
I like Slipknot, but nobody else you listed.

I think that we're easily impressed when we're younger because it's our first experiences with music, but the more we consume the more it takes to satisfy us because we've probably heard what artist like Korn were trying to do but better, that's my theory. So we grow away but nostalgia often times pulls us back.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote