Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Sports Betting / Predictions Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #281 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I like the UFC but it’s hard to stay invested through a PPV model

I used to watch Ultimate Fighter. Is that still on? The last fight I really got into was when Anderson Silva shattered his leg.

I’ll play a return round of confidence with UFC fights though. If they’re televised all the better. ESPN fights on boxing as well. I’m looking for an excuse to get back into boxing. I used to be real into it, history and stuff too but it’s been out of my head for a while.

I’m not very interested in MMA that’s not UFC. Not saying it’s not good. Just UFC is kind of it for me.
The Ultimate Fighter is still on, but it's only available on the UFC Fight Pass. Fight Pass is a subscription-based streaming service like the WWE Network, except that unlike the WWE, the UFC doesn't offer their live PPVs as a part of it. They get added a month later. But you can watch other promotions' live events, as well as old fights from the UFC and other promotions.

There is this new streaming service called DAZN that offers live sports. Right now, UFC PPVs aren't included as a part of it in the U.S., but Bellator and Golden Boy are.
How about some confidence picks for UFC 234 on the 9th? Since you don't follow it, we can just do the 2 big fights and 1 curve ball:

► Anderson Silva vs Israel Adesanya

► Kelvin Gastelum vs Robert Whittaker

► Jim Crute vs Sam Alvey

Also, I dedicated a section in the main post to "The OccultHawk Challenge." For the mini-games, each correct guess will count as a 1/1 in the main tally and the confidence points will determine the leader in the OccultHawk Challenge. Separate but equal LMAO

My UFC confidence picks:

1) Israel Adesanya > Anderson Silva
--- Worth 3 points

2) Robert Whittaker > Kelvin Gastelum
--- Worth 2 points

3) Jim Crute > Sam Alvey
--- Worth 1 point
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote