Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:49 AM   #573 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe
No. I was the one that pointed out the Jamaicans were doing it. Try again.

Are we really talking about impact? If it weren't for the likes of... Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Bo Diddley, Jackie Brenson (and the Delta Cats), Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Howlin' Wolf, B.B. King, The Everly Bros. the genre wouldn't exist as we know it... it wouldn't have turned into the things we all love. The fact that the genre is still alive and kicking is the resonation of their impact. Let me tell you something. All bands owe it to these pioneers. ALL. Every rock band that exists, and ever will exist owes it to those people. That's a fact. Is it a fact that bands today owe it more to the bands of the British Invasion? No. That's speculation. Conjecture. Your opinion. You aren't apart of every band. You can't decide this for them. What I'm doing is stating a fact. I don't have to be part of every band in existence to say it, either.
No im pretty sure you were the one who listed Ska as a reason for why the US is better...When neither country really deserves the credit.

Also, did you not remember what i said before?...If you really want to trace it back to the 50s, then why not go even further?

Also, who do Radiohead have more in common with?...The Beatles or Chuck Berry?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote