Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:06 AM   #11947 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
You make it sound like you made a conscious decision to not play certain types of games that you would otherwise continue to enjoy, but really you just naturally got bored with them. Seems pretty mindlessly elitist tbh. If you don't want to play them then don't play them, but don't invent some bull**** self-actualization reason for it.
No, it actually came from reading tonnes of game design theory and listening to tonnes of interviews with Jonathan Blow, who is very critical of things that lots of games do.
It made me think about what games I was playing and after enough time of having all these thoughts about it, I decided to eventually get rid of all the stuff that I saw as being a big time sink for me.
I don't know why this makes you angry and I'm not elitist, because that would require me to judge other people's choices, which I don't. This is just what I found meaningful for me to do and I'm happier this way, with 2-4 hours of gaming on an average week instead of 10-30. Sometimes waaaay more.

I don't talk much about it, but I used to be very deep into something that almost seemed like gaming addiction in retrospect. Now I do creative stuff instead, read books, sit and listen to albums on my stereo and watch more movies. It's better for me this way.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote