Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #575 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
No im pretty sure you were the one who listed Ska as a reason for why the US is better...When neither country really deserves the credit.

Also, did you not remember what i said before?...If you really want to trace it back to the 50s, then why not go even further?

Also, who do Radiohead have more in common with?...The Beatles or Chuck Berry?
No. I was the first one who said neither country deserves the credit. I'll quote it for you if you can't read. I did say America had ska first. I did say ska was influenced by American swing and jazz. I did say ska was a genre that the US does better. I still believe that to be true.

Are you an idiot? The 50's is when the genre that we know as rock and roll was born. This is not opinion. This is fact. That's why I trace it back to the 50's to the guys that started it all. If I want back before the 50's, it would only strengthen my argument - the Brits don't hold a candle to American Music for over the first half of the 20th century. So if you would really like me to trace it back further I can - and will be happy to do so.

Radiohead is English. If someone asked you which people are more alike - and the line up included 2 people that have grown up around each other their whole lives, and another guy from a different country - who would you pick? Radiohead also lists Miles Davis as a major influence in their music (among others British and American) Now, it's common logic that they would be influenced by English bands more than American bands because they grew up in England.

Radiohead is also not the only modern band. So I see what you were trying to do - trying to get me to answer an obvious question and then using my answer against me - as "You see! I was right" - no. That question is esoteric. Stop being an idiot.