Music Banter - View Single Post - ok so now i have to think for some clickbait or something?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 03:22 AM   #158 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggywas View Post
(a strange fact is that they re a father-20y.o daughter duo)
i mean beeing a 20 year old girl and beeing in a rock-n-roll/punk duo with your father??????? blewww. anyway. the tracks are fine. here it is:

[The Exbats - Hercules (Official Video)]
Cute song.

Randy Bachman playing with his granddaughters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggywas View Post
didnt know where to put this (i only found an "adult political page" or smth but read a bit and it didnt seem to fit in) so i ll just put it here.

---

[RW's twitter page]
Political Discussions for Adults
page 151
https://www.musicbanter.com/current-...dults-151.html

search venezuela threads resulted in one thread:
https://www.musicbanter.com/search.php?searchid=6991516

I always thought of Roger Waters of being a bit whiny—and a bit of a defamation troll—and a sort of Al Franken when it comes to insipid leftism (as opposed to other types of leftism) but tbf, I haven't paid him much attention.

One of the few Pink Floyd songs that's optimistic (at least seems to be):

Yeah, the US and company are encouraging Venezuelans to "vote with their stomachs" but Maduro likely made his country vulnerable to this.

If the aid was given directly to him—and assuming he'd take it—he'd use it to feed his soldiers and supporters—like in Ethiopia in the 1980s.

Russia could counter these US-supported efforts by sending food aid to him—likely cheaper than propping up his government like they're doing in Syria, but I suppose they're too busy with their own self-inflicted gunshot wound in Ukraine.

Invading Venezuela is a bad idea—unless perhaps one does it like Papa Bush did with Iraq—plan well, get in, get out—but that's likely a bit too much expect from America's current HIIC.

Wall or no wall, they're coming. Like Guatemala and El Salvador: America broke it, they bought it.

a Venezuelan who lives in Toronto:

(has lyrics and translation)

Last edited by DMBFFF; 02-24-2019 at 03:28 AM.
DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote