Music Banter - View Single Post - ok so now i have to think for some clickbait or something?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 06:39 AM   #160 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggywas View Post
i ve definitely paid even less attention to waters' politic views, i only know floyd were actively taking sides to the palestinian/israeli conflict.
I slightly wonder if they support that stupid musical boycott of Israel I somewhat heard about.
Quote:
in this case his position cant even be called left, he says the us want to take over venezuela and this unwanted and probably not needed (?) "aid" is just a trojan horse to throw maduro of the goverment and plant thheir guy in his position. (thru "free" elections of course.)
Yeah, that's something a leftist would say—though I agree the US wants to move in. But I guess that "trojan horse" got burned. It's not a trojan horse: it's food. If Maduro's suspicious, I suppose he could inspect the convoy and have minders accompany them, but even this would be an admission of need.
Quote:
ukraine is not russia inflicted, it is germany inflicted (or us inflicted if you wanna go back to the whole orange-revolution stuff)
Russia attacked Ukraine, ergo Russia inflicted injury on Ukraine—and itself in terms of lost credibility, prestige, and Ukrainian resistance, such as it is. Less than 30 years ago, Ukraine was occupied and controlled by Moscow. Several decades before that, millions of them were starved by the Soviets—of which Putin admires. Ukraine shouldn't have given up her nukes. It was stupid to believe the promises of the American and Russian presidents; and now it's being carved up like a pot-roast while the world does pretty well nothing. (Not that I want it too, but it's a lesson.)
Quote:
invading countries is always a bad idea and iraq is a pretty good example why.
i think its crazy and i wont even try to understand why you are citing it as a good example....
I didn't. Note the word "perhaps." I opposed Papa Bush invading Iraq, but at least he didn't leave the mess his son did.
Quote:
good track! (the floyd track i mean), thanks, i m not sure i even heard it before.
the first guy playing with his granddaughters i didnt like the track and the video is awful, everyone's so unnatural..
Thanks. Bachman gives me hope that septuagenarians can still do good new music. Differing views on music are inevitable. Thanks for listening.

(Note: lest you get tired of them, just because I post a lot of links to videos doesn't mean I expect people to click them all. )

This is him about 25 years earlier.

Same song, countrified a bit. Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies starts around 1:52.

This is him in a video of a punk band covering a BTO song. Hosers versus businessmen.

This is him with Kevin O'Leary. I didn't watch the video yet, myself.

Unlike Burton Cummings (the guy that sang American Woman), he's still kept a lot of his voice—what happens when you avoid drugs I suppose.

This is him when he was in his early 20s, maybe not even 22.

DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote