Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:17 AM   #691 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
It’s not really as exciting as it may seem...
Song Of The Youths / Contact (1968) on DG was my initiation into musique concrète and soon thereafter I acquired complete digital archives of the DG avantgarde sublabel and the French Philips Prospective 21e Siècle labels as well as a few of those beautiful silver foil pressings.

I put together DVD-R compilations with jacket art for my digital archives -

I am absolutely in awe that you studied under him and were friends. Your archive sounds incredible! I sincerely hope that you've performed FLAC+CUE backups of all these discs and have them redundantly stored and bit-perfect synced across multiple disks in various physical locations because they sound like a pure treasure that needs to be preserved. (And if the works are not commercially licensed, perhaps you'd consider contributing them to The Internet Archive for future student's research?)

Thank you sincerely for the Satie recommendation. The Ciccolini volumes were precisely the pressings I intended to seek so your endorsement secures that decision. I also took a look at that 56-volume box set as you suggested - it looks fantastic and is a steal at just $71. I’d previously secured the 111 Years Of Deutsche Grammophon - The Collector's Edition 1 (111 CD set) but it contains very little of Satie, Debussy, and Ravel and from what I’m reading Ciccolini is the definitive performer of their piano works. Thank you so kindly for mentioning it!

If ever you’d care to share tales of your experience with Stockhausen or more of your own musical wisdom, I am all ears. Thank you once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote