Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 08:16 PM   #695 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default A Musical Celebration of a New Stage in My Life

I’m excited about a decision I’ve made tonight so I thought I’d share it with my friends.

I have a new work schedule pending in the very near future which will free me to see so many friends I’ve missed and to attend many events I’ve had to pass on for the past two years, so this is great news.

Leading up to that date will be a 9-day stretch of work. As it turns out, on the very last evening I have off before that stretch, contemporary instrumentalist George Winston, my favorite composer on the Windham Hill label, will be performing a show at Babeville in our fair city.

It took a lot of serious thought to decide to attend an evening concert right before taking on all that work, but I plan to rest during the day before the show. What is critical is, Winston is now 70 years old and is suffering from several severe health conditions including thyroid cancer, skin cancer, and myelodysplastic syndrome, so I don't know how many shows he has left in him. This may be my only opportunity to see one of my favorite instrumentalists perform live. Given my eclectic musical taste, there are very few concerts which pass through my city that interest me, so it seemed important that I go to this one.

I’ve just ordered a ticket. This will be an evening to remember, and one to celebrate the beginning of a new stage of incredible potential in my life.

Thanks for letting me share. Here is Winston’s most famous triple-platinum album, December. Enjoy. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists

Last edited by innerspaceboy; 03-08-2019 at 04:03 AM.
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote