Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #27451 (permalink)
rostasi

OK, so Andrew Liles (Nurse with Wound; Current 93 ...)
is turning 50 today and he's released Part Two of his Colossus
project celebrating his 50 years on Earth. The whole thing
consists of 50 pieces that are each 50 minutes in length
making the total time nearly 42 hours long.

"The 'songs' are extreme, simple, complex, mellow, angular and often surreal adaptations of every single hit from the last 50 years that was at Number One in the UK charts on my birthday.

The music is either in the same key or with the same notes played but in a different order, backwards or inverted. Further music and notation has been added by myself. They are absolutely nothing like the originals.

Additionally, the words to the songs are formed from the lyrics to every Number One hit from the last 50 years. But with a twist.

I have adapted the lyrics by using the William Burroughs cut up method and further changed them to make some kind of structure, but they remain predominantly abstract and nonsensical.

Many thanks to all the narrators who are individually credited on the track titles.

Further thanks to all the listeners, detractors, strangers, friends, foes and all those that were cruel or kind that have faded in and out of my existence. You, in no small way have helped me create this monolith.

Another Happy Birthday to me - here's to 101.

This recording is numerologically accurate and anagrammatically active."

rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote