Music Banter - View Single Post - If you could bring back one experience from your childhood...
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
What is this? Reddit?

My answer? Time.

Time when you were younger was a different kind of time. You wake up at maybe nine or ten. I don't know because it was a while ago but it was morning and you put on your clothes and you go eat some f*cking cereal and watch a cartoon or two and you go meet your friends in the f*cking woods and an ETERNITY passes until you see those summer street lights come on and you know you have to go home. I want to bring back the slow acting time that made Halloween last what seemed like forever after the sun went down and you got to cover the entire damn neighborhood and still have time to dig into your pillow case for the good sh*t before you went to bed. I want the slow moving molasses time that allowed for a cross town bike trip to the skate park, a full day of f*cking around, smoking pot, coming back down from being too high as a teenager (which takes a long time), and then making it home for dinner made by Mom only to go back out and get drunk in the woods.

Where's that kind of time gone? I wake up, take a sh*t, drive to work, and all of a sudden it's four PM and I'm already hoping for sleep. Being an adult is fun but you don't have the kind of time you had as a kid and I miss it f*cking terribly.
And the time only seems to go by faster the older you get. Every decade you live after your teens just seems to pass quicker than the previous one.
I often wish that I still had that childhood perception of time as an adult.

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote