Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #18870 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

My gut tells me Yang is the only one who could bring enough to the table as a nominee to win against Trump in the long run. Partly because even Fox News doesn't hate him, and partly because Trump would have a lot of trouble challenging his ideas and the way that he presents his ideas. Yang would also divide the Alt-right, since a lot of independents would swing to Yang for the promise of something like UBI.

Bernie is an okay 2nd choice, but I think he's ultimately ineffectual and viewed as weak by everyone except people like elph, and he's not technical at all.

Howard Shultz would be a better centrist candidate than Biden, at least if you wanted to run someone against the GOP who was like Trump but without the moral hiccups, crassness, goofiness and with a better business track record.

But again: Yang is literally the only Dem candidate I've seen get any real traction online amongst more than one demographic. Pete Butthead and Beto don't bring much to the table as far as I can see either, and their websites are scant on policy. Trump's entire movement started from his memeability and simple branding. Yang has a similar quality....so my instincts tell me he's the best bet once he gets more steam in the debates in June.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote